Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Should Be Sitting Comfortably....

I know that title was kind of odd, but I have been sitting in a pretty uncomfortable chair at work for the last 5 months and I don't know where to go to get a better chair or what to do to fix it. Anyway, it's just for my ass, so it doesn't matter.

Today was my first day at work as a permanent employee. I LOVE IT!!!! Sorry, just had to throw that in there.

So, I saw AVATAR this weekend, and it was UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE..... not quite sure if I spelled that right. Anyway, visually, it is stunning. The colors and shapes that you see in the movie are awe-inspiring. But besides the eye candy, the message behind it, or at least what I took from it, left me sobbing like a baby. Anyone who knows me, will understand why I say that. I consider myself to be in tune with nature. Actually, some might say a little more than just in tune with nature, more like a crazy, tree-hugging hippie. I am what most consider a modern-day witch. A Wiccan, to be exact.



And what's funny about all of this, was that before the movie, my sister called me crazy for talking about one day being able to live off the grid, then called me dramatic after the movie for crying like I did. Yeah, she cried as well, but not as much as I did. Granted, when she watched "The Passion Of the Christ" her reaction was much different than mine was, and I did not call her ridiculous for that. Everyone has their own belief system, and to me, watching this movie was heart-breaking. *** SPOILER ALERT *** Watching the Na'vi's village get destroyed the way it did, just completely tore my heart out. To see how they treated everything in nature and their surroundings with such respect and honor, was really something to learn from. We have done such irreperable damage to our planet Earth, that we would have to just start all over to be able to fix it.

So call me ridiculous, over-dramatic, exagerated.... whatever, I respect Mother Nature as should everyone else. We were put on this planet to grow as individuals and to procreate to keep this planet constantly producing. But it is counter-intuitive to live in this Earth and destroy everything that was given to us as a gift. Shame on all of us.

Okay, enough of that rant.... Back to the movie. If you haven't seen it, please do so. It is amazing. Even if you disagree with the nature-based theme of the movie, it is still very beautifully crafted.


'Till Next Time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

people should respect the earth more then ther do. I think part of it stems from lack of respect for self and others, therefore careing for the 'mother nature' doesn't sit very high for some people. Believe in yourself and in turn may you open other peoples eyes and hearts to the beauty around them.
*** blessed be ****